Terms and Conditions
Secure a spot in the program
- The term fee secures a place in the program for a term and thereafter you choose which sessions you attend. The fees are not for the individual sessions themselves.
- The main reason for this is that each session has considerable fixed costs, which need to be paid whether a player attends a session or not. Only a small % of the fee becomes net income for the program.
- If you feel you cannot commit to the program on these terms, then please do not get involved.
- Note: We provide lots of online practice material as a resource that allows players, who miss sessions, to practice at home. This is the players choice to use or not, but nonetheless online practice material acts as a catch up for missed sessions.
- For the reasons stated above (the fixed costs etc.) there are no refunds or session credits if a player commits to a term but then chooses to not continue in the program.
- If the program ceases to operate due to financial non viability, then also refunds are not available.
Missed Session (Part 1)
Based on the above:
- No credits are given for missed sessions in normal circumstances.
[The reason: The fixed costs for a session need to be covered regardless of attendance, and fees are calculated assuming full attendance will occur. Any credits offered therefore has an impact on the viability of the program, especially if a number of players claim credits at the same time. At a point in the past, we did offer unconditional credits but soon found the program was no longer viable on this basis, hence why the policy above is in place and strictly followed].
- Cancelled Sessions : There are a few reasons why sessions may be cancelled [E.G Weather. No coaches available].
- Long term illness and long-term injuries (LTIs) : Means at least 3 continuous sessions are missed, and during this period, the player could not and did not take part in any other training (club training, school etc.). You need to apply (at the time of the missed sessions) for a full session credit for it to be carried forward into next term. The application should include the start date, the end date and the number of credits being applied for.
- Long term Holiday Credits: If you go away for 3 weeks or more in a term that has been paid for in full, then the LTH credits will be carried forward into the next term.
Note: If a cancelled session or a LTI occurs at the start of term (before the terms fees have been paid) then to ensure all players are treated in the same way, the term still needs to be paid for in full, and the credits then get carried into the next term. The fixed costs of the program make this a necessary policy. Failure to follow this policy may mean the spot in the appropriate group (that the terms fees secure) might not be available once the injury clears.
Missed Session (Part 2)
Credits will be used to reduce the cost of the next term’s fees but : If a player chooses not to continue in the program, then any credits will be forfeited.
Note : Catch up Opportunities exist but are not like for like.
1. To make up missed sessions, players are expected to use the online technical resource and make up the missed practice time by practicing at home. After all it is the practice time that is important. So as part of the policy, if a player cannot make a session, they are agreeing to catch up the missed practice time by practicing at home.
2. If you do a private session (1-on-1) over the holidays, we will offer a $30 discount off the cost of the private sessions to catch up a missed session. [Normally $125/hour or $100/hour]. If you want to catch up 2 missed sessions, then you need to do 2 private sessions over the holidays.
3. There is also a daily online practice program offered over the holidays which should also make up for any missed sessions as well as the opportunity to do more at TST. (This needs to be requested: See part #3 for details).
NPL Double Header Weekends
- A credit will be offered to affected payers (their NPL game clashes with their TST session), but this credit must be applied for at the time of the missed session (as we do not want to assume a player is away due to an NPL game just in case they are not).
- Please note that TST will run on long weekends as normal.
- If the session doesn’t run, we will notify you via email in advance of a long weekend.
TST Holiday Sessions
- At this point in time we do not run holiday clinics.
- We do however provide free daily online technical challenges for players who are keen to practice at home. These challenges also offer additional practice time that easily makes up for any missed sessions during the term. This needs to be requested.
Free Trial Sessions
- We are looking for players who love the game and have a strong work ethic, love the grind of practice and repetition of technique, and has the potential to be a good player. If this is you, then we are perfect for you. Our track record speaks for itself. What we do works.
- We have also been running for 15 years mostly by word of mouth.
- Our program will add massive value to a player’s development journey.
- To the right players, we offer 1 free trial session.
- Or, If you want to see the program in action before getting involved then you are free to come and watch us in action before making a decision to join.
- Or you could use the free online material [https://tft-tube.com/], get up to speed with what we do and get involved when you are ready.
Payment is in advance
- To secure a spot in the program for next term, players are asked to pay in full and in advance (half a term in advance) for the term.
- If this is a problem then please don’t get involved.
Pay as you go (PAYG) Policy
- As a general rule there is no PAYG option although this exceptions may apply :
- If an existing player can’t commit every week (but understands the program curriculum) and wants to still be involved in the program, then as long as there is a space in the right group on the day (under 6 players) then we would be prepaid to squeeze them in.
- PAYG players need to contact us on the Friday before the session to ask if there is a space in an appropriate group. There needs to be less than 6 players in a group before a PAYG spot is available.
- Please note group spots are given to players who commit for the term, spots are not left open for PAYG players. So there is no guarantee that a PAYG spot will be available each week.
- There is a $5 admin charge is added to the session fee when you PAYG. This is to also discourage the use of this option.
- Players who turn up without checking first that a space is available may find that there are no spaces available and that they can not actually take part in the session.
- As a general term, there is no sibling discount available.
- This is more about making the admin process more straight forward.
- If having a sibling discount is the difference between getting involved and not getting involved, then please let me know and we may be able to make an exception.
- These admin rules are in place to ensure that the administration of the program is massively simplified and running of the program is viable..
- This will allow us to offer more online material, to further help the development process.
Extreme Weather Policy
Sessions may be canceled due to Extreme Weather.
If the BOM predicted temp* is over 32º degrees during the session*, then the session will be cancelled, and a credit is carried into the next term. This decision will be made either the day before or on the morning before the session, based on the predicted temp available (using BOM.gov.au).
We will send out an email and put a note on the home page of this website. So check both of these before the session, if you think the session might be cancelled.
* Note the artificial surface adds another 3 or 4 degrees to temp, so 30º can quickly feel like 34º or 35º.
Note: If the temp is around 30 degrees, we will run a ‘hot weather session’ where the focus will be on passing techniques and passing accuracy. We may not do footwork practice or games that require high intensity. We follow similar guidelines to the FFV guidelines which can be found online.
Light to moderate persistent rain (or heavy down pours) is not considered a problem for the players so sessions will run.
Heavy rain and storms :
We will use the radar images to regularly check the severity of any predicted storms and check whether they pass over the venue. Sporadic storms, or quick downpours are ok. We can get under cover and let them pass. Heavy prolonged storms, especially with thunder/lightening/hail, may cause sessions to be cancelled. If a session gets abandoned during the session, then there will be no catch-up credit given (as coaches and venue expenses still need to be covered). Sessions that are cancelled before they start will fall under the cancelled session policy. Parents are also expected to check the radar regularly, especially if they travel a fair distance to get to TST and make their own decision about attending the session.
Effects of High Humidity on the Human Body: One reason humidity makes hot weather more unbearable is that the higher the relative humidity, the higher the temperature actually feels. For instance, a temperature of 95°F (35ºC) feels like 95°F when the relative humidity is 30%. But bump that humidity up to 65% and that same 95°F feels like a whopping 117°F (47ºC)! A heat index chart factors relative humidity into temperature to provide a more accurate assessment of what the temperature feels like. [ 30º becomes 35º if humidity is at 70%].
- If TST is cancelled, an email will be sent at about Midday on Saturday, so check your emails regularly if you think TST might be called off. Also check the website home page for an update before setting off.
- If you don’t get an email, then assume TST is on as normal.
Parents at TST Policy
- Parents are not allowed on the pitch during a TST session.
- Parents should not be heard (by other players / parents) coaching their child during a TST session.
Player Behaviour Policy at TST
- By participating in the program players need to act appropriately at all times.
- That is : The way they talk to and treat the coaches and other players is always respectful.
- Players give 100% effort in all practice exercises and games.
- Players never act in a way that becomes a detriment to the experience of other players in the program.
Players not behaving in accordance with the guidelines above, will be asked to sit out during the session or asked take a break from the program (and come back when they have matured enough to follow the guidelines above). If this happens, credits will be carried forward, but no refunds will be granted for players who break these guidelines.
- Playing football has an inherent risk of injury. TST is not responsible for any injuries that occur during any TST session which can be attributed to the ‘ inherent risk of playing a contact sport’ and TST will not be liable for these injuries.
- TST is also not liable for any injuries / incidents that occur as a result of a player doing something other than playing/practicing football (like climbing a fence etc) during a TST session. As a general rule, players are not allowed to leave the field of play during a session unless they have the permission from a coach, and are accompanied by a parent / guardian.
- Parents / guardians are responsible for their child until that child is invited onto the pitch to start their session. If a player leaves the pitch, then that player again becomes the responsibility of the parent / guardian. If a player enters the pitch before the session start time, that child is still the responsibility of the parent / guardian.
- On the pitch, players are not allowed to boot the ball (at any point) and this includes shooting at the big goals at the end of the pitch. If a child hits another child with a ball that results in injury, then the child’s parent/guardian (who kick the ball) is responsible for any liabilities related to the incident.